Our Agreement with You
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AND TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR REGISTERING FOR A COURSE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, AND TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR A COURSE OR USE OUR SERVICES.
Welcome to “TapnLearn”
This Agreement (“Terms”) sets out the terms and conditions that govern your use of “TapnLearn ”products and services (such as website services and course content), as well as your subscription for any short course or other program (“Course”) offered by “TapnLearn ”These Terms can also be seen as your comprehensive information source and rulebook. We hope that you find this information helpful.
- If your participation in a Course is being paid for by a third party (such as your parents), then you will be bound by all provisions in these Terms (including payment provisions), however we may enter into a separate agreement with your parents to govern payment for the Course on your behalf, as well as to govern the receipt of certain information in relation to your completion of the Course.
- Acceptance: By clicking on the “Agree” button when signing up for a Course, you agree to be bound by these “Terms”, which include, by reference, the Policies.
- License: Subject to these Terms, and to the payment of any applicable fees, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our services and products, including all services associated with our Courses, and the Online platform through which Course content is accessed.
- Suitability of Course: Before registering for any Course, you are responsible for satisfying yourself as to the relevance and suitability of the Course for your individual requirements, through consideration of the information supplied through our Websites, and asking questions, if necessary.
- Commencement of Course: You will only receive confirmation of your subscription for a Course, and be allowed access to the Online Platform, once you have made the required minimum payment for the Course (unless otherwise specifically stated in the information pack relevant to your Course). There may also be a delay of access to the Online Platform until you are formally enrolled in our records, or until the Course commencement date.
- Accessibility statement: “TapnLearn” is committed to providing online courses that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our mobile application and Online courses for all our students, including those with disabilities, as more fully described below:
- Accessibility requests: If you experience any difficulty in accessing any aspect of the mobile application, website or Online courses or would like further insight into our Accessibility Policy, please don’t hesitate to contact our team by
Email (Info@tapnlearn.net). We review all requests within a period of seventy-two hours.
- Registration online: Students can subscribe for Courses on our mobile application.
- Basic requirements: In order to complete a Course, you will need a current email account and access to a smart device (mobile phone or tablet) and the internet. You should be familiar with using a computer and accessing the internet, as you may need to be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- Additional requirements: Certain Courses may require additional software and resources. These additional software and resource requirements will be communicated to students upon subscription and/or at the beginning of the Course. Please note that Google, Vimeo and YouTube may be used in our Course delivery, and if these services are blocked in your jurisdiction, you may have difficulty in accessing Course content – we strongly recommend that you check with us before registering for a Course if you have any concerns about this affecting your experience with the mobile application.
- Courses Identification: During the Course presentation, you may be required to verify your identity with an official identity document, which reflects the name provided upon registration, for authentication and record purposes. Acceptable forms of identification include an identity document (national ID card), passport or a birth certificate. “TapnLearn” may make use of a third-party identity verification service. Non-submission of valid identification in accordance with standard verification processes may result in your certificate being withheld upon completing a Course successfully.
- Disclaimer: You are obliged to source and obtain access to the necessary software and resources required for Course completion at your own cost, and we will not be held liable for any consequences of the use of such software or resources. We may change the Course requirements for a particular Course at any time by advising you through the mobile application or by email to your chosen email address.
- “TapnLearn” shall have discretion to deny your subscription for any Course, remove you from any Course, or suspend your activity on any Course, based on written reasons related to outstanding fees owing to the “TapnLearn”, misconduct or other lawful impediment.
- Relationship with “TapnLearn”: All courses are designed and developed in collaboration with the relevant teachers and Partners. Teachers may appear in the course videos. However, “TapnLearn” administers the delivery of the course.
- Language: all courses are provided in the selected languages of the client country’s official school curriculum.
- Mobile application courses: Each Course consists of a number of modules delivered through the mobile application only. All Course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the mobile application.
- Communications: You may receive communication by telephone, email or text message from our team concerning subscription or other Terms. You agree and consent to receipt of such communications.
- Access to the mobile application: Upon your final enrolment for a Course, a profile will be set up for you in the mobile application (or, if you already have a profile, you will use your existing profile for the new Course). If you are suspended from participation in a Course (for non-payment of fees or any other valid reason), we may suspend access to your profile on the mobile application. Please note that there may be some time delay between subscription and enrolment. Access to a Course presentation and the mobile application may be limited to 30 days from the closure date.
- Permitted use: Only students who are registered for a Course may participate in that Course. You may not divulge your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the Course on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with “TapnLearn” or access the Mobile application course using another user’s username and password. If you forget your username or password, we will only take steps that we regard as being secure to ensure that you regain access to your profile.
- Prohibited use: You are prohibited from doing the following:
- Making available copies of the Course content on a network server or web server for use by others.
- Using, displaying or otherwise making available the Course content, or any other materials, in an electronic format that enables it to be downloaded or distributed to any third party via mobile devices or shared in any peer-to-peer or similar file sharing arrangement, or by any other means.
- Sublicensing, reselling, renting, lending, assigning, ceding, donating or otherwise transferring or distributing the Course content or the rights granted under these Terms.
- Reverse engineering, decompiling, or disassembling any software that is contained within Course content or on the Mobile application.
- Removing any notice of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Course content.
- Your responsibility: You agree that you will contact us immediately if you experience any unauthorized use of your profile details. You accept that you are responsible for the consequences of your use of your profile in the Mobile application, and for maintaining it and all information on it. We do take security seriously, but as the user, you accept all risks of any unauthorized access that could occur regarding your information.
- Access disputes: If there is a dispute as to who has the right to operate a profile in the Mobile application, we may deny access to the profile pending the outcome of the dispute to our satisfaction, and/or transfer the profile to the party claiming a right to it if we are satisfied that the profile was registered on behalf of that party.
- Platform capability: The Mobile application may not be fully compatible with all mobile devices so please notify customer support of such cases immediately. You will be required to meet the cost of internet access yourself and of any upgrades required to your mobile device.
- External websites: “TapnLearn” is not responsible for technical support for any external websites. Courses that require you to use external websites do so to achieve the best learning outcomes. If you have any queries relating to external websites, you are required to contact the support services of the relevant websites directly. “TapnLearn” will not be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may suffer because of your use of, or failure to access, any external website.
- Videos: Videos are provided in the majority of Course modules. These videos act as tutorials and lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated. If you are using a slower internet connection, then attempting to view these videos may be difficult.
- Private Tutors: The Tutors provide guidance on Course content and academic-related queries. Interaction with the Tutors is performed only on the discussion forum in the Mobile application. Tutors will not be available for queries by telephone or email, and will respond to queries on the discussion forum on such days of the week and during such times as stipulated on the Mobile application.
- All of “TapnLearn” courses will mainly be subjected to subscription on a yearly or monthly basis. A course package will include Videos, interactive exercises and pdf format problems for extra help. The Subscription time will differ with each course and shall be indicated within the course description and details.
- General rules: All students are required to adhere to the terms and services agreement. A breach of the terms and services agreement will be liable by law according to the client’s country of residence.
- Plagiarism: Plagiarism can be defined as the intentional or unintentional use of another’s work without providing reasonable and appropriate credit to the author or source of the work. “TapnLearn” provides support and information in the Mobile application on how to avoid plagiarism and guidelines on adherence to academic conduct; however, you must take responsibility for your own academic work.
- Consequences of Plagiarism: Plagiarism in assignment submissions is treated extremely seriously. If you are found guilty of plagiarism, you may receive zero for the relevant assignment submission, and as a result may not have a certificate issued to you.
Pricing, payment and delivery
- Course fees: When you subscribe for a Course, you agree to pay the applicable Course fee and such other amounts as may be due by you arising from your participation in the Course.
- Subscription time condition: Each course subscription allows the subscriber unlimited access to the relevant course for a specific time. The period of the subscription is dependable of the course type and grade selected and will be indicated within the “My courses” section in the mobile application upon payment.
- Tax Invoices in electronic format: You hereby consent to the receipt of an invoice, which shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided upon registering for a Course. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment that will be accepted in payment of such invoice.
- Bank charges: In the event that bank charges and/or fees are levied on or added to a payment made by you to us from any country or jurisdiction, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- Payment of VAT and other Taxes: Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in addition to the Course fees will be identified in your invoice or information pack and such amounts are your sole responsibility unless the contrary is stated.
- Payment reference: When making payment to us, you must ensure that your invoice number (to which the payment relates) is reflected on your payment. We will not be held liable if we are unable to locate your payment, and as a result you are suspended from participation in a Course.
- Promo codes: If you have been provided with, a promo code and you would like to make use of it when you register for a Course, you will have to indicate this on the “TapnLearn” application and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this promo code. Should you register without utilizing the promo code, the promo code will become redundant and you will not be entitled to receive the benefit of the promo code, including a refund of any part of the Course fee, once we have received payment. In addition, promo codes are non-transferable and non-refundable – if you request a Course deferral; the promo code shall no longer apply to the fee payable for the deferred Course.
- Suspension for non-payment: If you fail to make payment for a Course by the due date for payment (as agreed during subscription and recorded in your invoice), then we may remove you from the Course or suspend your participation in the Course in our sole discretion. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Mobile application until such time as the outstanding payment has been made by you, and you will be given a period of time within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, then we will be entitled to cancel your subscription and remove you from the course and you will not be entitled to any refund
- Reminders: You hereby acknowledge and consent to us contacting you in relation to payments due by you for a Course or in terms of these Terms, by way of email, text message, telephone calls, or other means as determined by us.
- Dispute: If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any Course fee, or the way in which you use the Mobile application or the Website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the Course for the period of the dispute.
Cancellations and Deferrals
- Cancellation of subscription: If you wish to cancel your Course subscription, you will need to contact your customer service to discuss your intention who will consult with you to discuss the matter and to assist you in reaching an informed decision.
- Refunds for cancellation:
Any course cancelation initiated by the clients shall not be subjected for a refund or any means of re-compensation.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
- No liability for Course outcomes: We will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of registering for and/or participating in any Course or other service offered by us which is not relevant, suitable or does not meet yours and/or any relevant industry or commercial body’s requirements. Under no circumstances do we guarantee your suitability for a particular Course based on the levels of difficulty. We cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable to you for any costs, claims or damages, if after the completion of a course you are not able to obtain employment or a promotion within your chosen field of study, or any other outcome you may believe completing a Course will assist you to attain.
- Acknowledgment: You acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in these Terms reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and “TapnLearn”, and that these limitations are an essential basis to our ability to make services available to you on an economically feasible basis.
- Indemnity: Subject to any applicable laws, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against us that relates to or arises from these Terms arising from your subscription for a Course. This indemnity includes claims arising from your use of the Mobile application in a way that does not comply with these Terms, or if we transfer your profile to another person, or if another person accesses your profile without your consent. This indemnity also includes all liability or loss that we might suffer because of a claim, including legal costs on the highest permissible scale and any additional legal and collection costs.
Interruption of “TapnLearn” Website or Mobile application
- Interruption of service: You acknowledge and agree that from time to time, the “TapnLearn” Website and/or Mobile application may be inaccessible or inoperable, by reason of one or more of the following:
- Equipment malfunctions or faults.
- Periodic maintenance procedures, downtime, or repairs that we may undertake from time to time.
- Causes beyond our control, including, without limitation, interruption or failure of telecommunication or digital transmission links, attacks on the network and network congestion or other failures.
- No breach: Such interruption to the accessibility of the “TapnLearn” Website or Mobile application will not be deemed a breach of this Agreement under any circumstances whatsoever and we will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of any interruption, inoperability or inaccessibility of the “TapnLearn” Website and/or Mobile application.
- Security: We will use reasonable commercial measures to secure our system and your profile in the Mobile application, and related information, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. You undertake to notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
- Reservation of rights: Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and/or object code and all other works (including trading marks and names) contained on the Website or Mobile application or otherwise provided to students by “TapnLearn”, is owned by us or licensed to us, and we assert and reserve all of our rights in this regard. Access to or use of our services and Courses will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual property owned by us or any other party.
Warranties and disclaimers
- Disclaimers: To the extent permissible under applicable laws, all services, Courses and their content are provided “as is” without representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect thereof, and in particular, we make no representations or warranties regarding the quality of the Course content or the fitness of the Course content for the purpose for which you acquired it.
- Student warranties: You warrant that all and any information that you provide to us, in accordance with this Agreement, in order to register for a Course or otherwise, is true and accurate.
Termination of participation in a Course
- Modifying and terminating services: We are constantly changing and improving our services and Courses. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop our service altogether, giving subscribed students reasonable prior notice of any material changes. You may also discontinue your use of our services and Courses at any time.
- Breach: If you commit any other breach of these Terms (including but not limited to the “General Rules” in section F) and fail to remedy the breach within 5 days after receiving a written notice to do so, we may terminate your participation in the Course for which you are subscribed, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any portion of the Course fee. We shall furthermore be entitled to immediately suspend your access to the Mobile application in the event of a material breach of these Terms, as determined in our sole discretion, pending an investigation into the relevant conduct.
Complaints and dispute resolution
- General complaints policy: Whether it is positive or negative, “TapnLearn” encourages feedback from students. Where this feedback is a complaint about our Course, product or service offering, or our conduct, we are committed to addressing the complaint in a timely and appropriate manner. All complaints are taken seriously, and every effort has been made to ensure that “TapnLearn” can cater for complaints received on all levels, regardless of severity. “TapnLearn” will seek to address a complaint in a mutually beneficial and satisfactory manner, whenever reasonably possible.
- Customer support: Should you wish to lodge a complaint, you are required to submit this through the “contact us” service on the contact page of our Website or through our social media accounts. We will strive to ensure that anyone giving feedback is treated with the utmost courtesy and respect, and in return, we expect that anyone giving feedback or making a complaint will do so in a fair and appropriate manner. Where we determine that a complaint is abusive, unreasonable, or a student is unreasonably pursuing a complaint that has previously been investigated, we reserve our rights in relation to our response, and in particular, may elect not to pursue the procedure set out below.
- Review and investigation: Once a complaint has been lodged, we will investigate and attempt to address the matter in question. At this stage, you may be required to provide supporting documentation or other evidence that may be relevant. We will endeavor to address complaints within 5 working days (although this may not always be possible). In all cases, we will maintain open channels of communication and provide feedback or updates on the progress of the investigation. If a complaint cannot be addressed at its first stage, either party may request that the matter be looked into further.
- Feedback: Once a complaint has been fully investigated and due process followed, a course of action will be determined by “TapnLearn”. The result will either be that the complaint is upheld (in part or in full), and an appropriate form of action is taken, or, that no action is taken, in which case comprehensive feedback and reasons will be provided. This includes, but is not limited to, instances where you have not requested an outcome other than having a platform to voice your concerns.
- Disputes: If a mutually satisfactory outcome, course of action, or conclusion cannot be reached following from the complaints procedure, or any other kind of dispute arises between “TapnLearn” and you, then you agree that it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and, to the extent compliant with applicable law according to client country of residence. As a consumer, you may benefit from the right to bring an action in the courts of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights to bring a claim in the courts of the country in which you are resident. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of “TapnLearn”, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including this ‘Disputes’ clause, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Nothing in this section will restrict our right to apply to a competent court for relief should our intellectual property rights be violated or threatened, or where otherwise appropriate to obtain urgent, injunctive or equitable relief.
- “TapnLearn” details: For students taking courses presented in Lebanon and Australia then these Terms are a contract between you and “TapnLearn”, a company registered in Lebanon, address in Tripoli.
- Entire agreement: These Terms shall constitute the entire agreement between you and “TapnLearn” concerning your subscription for a Course.
- Revision of Terms: We reserve the right to revise these Terms (including Policies) at our sole discretion from time to time. These revisions will become effective immediately on being posted to the Website and Mobile application; however, for all material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes if you are registered for a Course at the time when such changes come into effect.
- Conflict: If any aspect of these Terms conflicts with any information provided on our Website or in information packs or other Course materials, these Terms will prevail unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Severability: In the event that any part of these Terms is found to be partially or fully unenforceable because it does not comply with any law, or for any other reason, this will not affect the application or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
- Assignment: These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted in terms of these Terms, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by “TapnLearn” without restriction.
- No indulgence/waiver: If “TapnLearn” chooses not to enforce any part of these Terms, this does not mean that it cannot do so later on. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other Term.
Date of last amendment: 6 April 2020